Bull City Becomes Center Of Minor League Universe During Five-Day Celebration
DURHAM, NC July 9, 2014 – Minor League Baseball’s biggest event has arrived in the Triangle. Beginning this Saturday with All-Star Fan Fest & Block Party and culminating with the 2014 Cree Triple-A All-Star Game on Wednesday, July 16, baseball fans and the game’s brightest prospects are ready to converge on Downtown Durham for All-Star Week.
All-Star Fan Fest (#AllStarFanFest)
Saturday, July 12 – 11:00am-2:00pm; Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- All-Star Week’s official kick-off event, Fan Fest will provide an all-access pass to one of the finest Minor League ballparks in the country. Fans can take batting practice on the field, tour team clubhouses and enjoy interactive family fun throughout the stadium’s concourse. Admission is free.
All-Star Block Party (#AllStarBlockParty)
Saturday, July 12 – 6:00pm-10:00pm; Blackwell Street, adjacent Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- Food trucks, craft beer, and great live music including a headline performance by The Baseball Project (featuring R.E.M. and Dream Syndicate members) highlight this street festival held on the main thoroughfare between the DBAP and American Tobacco Campus. Admission is free.
Triple-A Home Run Derby (#TripleAHRDerby)
Monday, July 14 – Gates open at 5:30pm; Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- Six standout sluggers, including International League all-time home run leader Mike Hessman and former Durham Bulls MVP Dan Johnson, will take aim at baseball’s most iconic target – the DBAP’s Snorting Bull – in the 2014 Triple-A Home Run Derby. One fan could win $15,000 if the Bull is hit 15 times during the Triple-A competition. More Derby details are available HERE. Limited tickets remain for the event. Home Run Derby tickets can be purchased HERE.
All-Star Workout Day and Autograph Session
Tuesday, July 15 – 2:00pm-5:00pm; Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- Fan will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with all of the 2014 Triple-A All-Stars during this free event. Team workouts and batting practice are open to the public and both leagues will conduct autograph sessions for fans in attendance.
2014 Cree Triple-A All-Star Game (#ASGDurham)
Wednesday, July 16 – Gates open at 5:30pm; Durham Bulls Athletic Park
- 86 Triple-A All-Stars, including Derek Jeter, Mike Piazza, and Pedro Martinez, have gone on to become MLB All-Stars. On July 16, top prospects representing every Major League organization will compete in the 27th annual edition of Minor League Baseball’s premier event, which will be nationally televised on MLB Network. Limited tickets remain for the 2014 Cree Triple-A All-Star Game. They can be purchased HERE.
Tickets for the 2014 Cree Triple-A All-Star Game on July 16, the Triple-A Home Run Derby on July 14, and all regular season Durham Bulls home games are available at durhambulls.com, by phone at 919.956.BULL, or at the DBAP box office.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield Sports) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Project and Diamond View office buildings in Durham, NC.