WILMINGTON, NC, Friday, Feb. 14, 2014, 11:30am – Red Cross workers continue to help people without power due to the winter storm providing shelter, food and comfort to those affected.
The following is an updated shelter list:
- Edgewood Elementary School – open (no pets allowed) 317 E Calhoun St, Whiteville
- Cape Fear Presbyterian Church – open (no pets allowed) 2606 Newkirk Avenue, Wilmington
- Codington Elementary School – closed
- Burgaw Holiness Church – closed
- Hampstead United Methodist – closed
- West Brunswick High School – closed
- Burgaw Middle School – closed
- Noble Middle School – closed
- Dorothy B Johnson Elementary School – closed
- Topsail Elementary School – closed last night – closed
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.