By Gabby Pinto
Raleigh, NC October 14, 2013 – Unfortunately, most of us can say that we have been affected by cancer. Whether you have lost a loved one, battled the disease yourself or have celebrated a victory against the fight, cancer is a horrible disease.
On Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Carolina Hurricanes will host our Hockey Fights Cancer Awareness night as part of the NHL and NHLPA’s joint Hockey Fights Cancer initiative. As part of the evening, nine local cancer awareness groups will be represented inside PNC Arena.
Fans can walk around the concourse to visit each of the following groups at their awareness tables:
- Kay Yow Cancer Fund
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- St. Baldrick’s
- 1 in 9
- Lung Cancer Initiative of NC
- Zero: The End of Prostate Cancer
- Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- Stupid Cancer
What else is going on during Hockey Fights Cancer Night?
- “I Fight For” Cards: The Carolina Hurricanes players’ wives and girlfriends will be outside of sections 108 and 114 to help fans fill out cards that say who they fight cancer for. During the second period, fans will be prompted to hold up their cards to remember and celebrate all who have battled cancer.
- The Eye: Hockey Fights Cancer merchandise will be available at all of The Eye team store locations.
We hope to see you all at our Hockey Fights Cancer Awareness night on Oct. 15. It is going to be a special and powerful night at PNC Arena as we remember those lost, celebrate survivors and join together to end cancer forever.