Charleston, SC September 10, 2013 – The Gullah Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor Commission (GGCHCC), in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) and the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) for the states of South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina, is accepting applications for the vacancy of one SHPO Alternate for North Carolina.
Applications will be received throughout September 20, 2013. Since its inception in 2007, the Gullah Geechee Commission has included experts as well as citizens who are interested in historic preservation, anthropology, folklore, or a related field. Applicants must provide a short biography or resume that highlights the skills and abilities listed below:
- General experience working collaboratively with others in the Gullah Geechee community
- Credibility and support with the Gullah Geechee Community
- Active participation in the preservation of Gullah Geechee culture
- Knowledge about Gullah Geechee culture
- Participation in the development of products, projects, fund raising, and publications about Gullah Geechee culture
Additionally, each submission must contain the applicant’s full name, social security number, home address, home telephone number, and place of employment.
Nominations will be accepted by mail or email to: Zelda Grant, Administrative Assistant, Gullah Geechee Commission, 284-A King Street, Charleston, SC