Wilmington, NC August 28, 2013 – New Hanover County firefighters are taking off their boots and hitting the streets for their annual MDA “Fill the Boot” Drive August 30 to September 1 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., each day, at various locations throughout New Hanover County.
On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, New Hanover County firefighters will host their annual “Fill the Boot” drive to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Firefighters will be on hand collecting any and all donations that will directly benefit those children, adults and families burdened with this disease.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to assist the firefighters “Fill the Boot” for MDA. Through the firefighters and their boots, the citizens of New Hanover County have stepped forward each year to fill those boots and contribute, raising more than $51,000 in 2012.
Locations in New Hanover County include:
- Castle Hayne Road/North Kerr Avenue
- U.S. Hwy 421 North/Isabel Holmes Bridge
- Holly Shelter Road/Castle Hayne Road
- Porter’s Neck Road/Market Street (Porter’s Neck Harris Teeter)
- Market Street/Gordon Road
- Murrayville Road/North College Road
- South College Road/Entrance to Chick-Fil-A (Monkey Junction Area)
- Carolina Beach Road/Antoinette Road
- Area of Beau Rivage Marketplace (Sanders Road/Carolina Beach Road)