A win will mark the best start in program history
RALEIGH, NC March 7, 2013 – The NC State women’s tennis team returns home for the first of five-straight home matches when it hosts UNC Wilmington on Friday, Mar. 7. The match is set for a 2:30 p.m. start and will be played at the J.W. Isenhour Tennis Center.
With a victory over the Seahawks, the unbeaten Wolfpack would improve to 9-0 on the season and become the first team in program history to start the season with nine straight wins.
- NC State tied the 2006 team for the best start in program history (8-0) with its 5-2 win at USF on Wednesday.
- The Pack is a combined 38-10 in dual singles matches this spring. Sophomore Elisha Hande is a team-leading 16-6 in singles play on the year.
- Junior Joelle Kissell, senior Tatiana Illova, and Hande each own 7-1 records in dual singles play this season.
- The Wolfpack is a combined 20-1 in dual doubles matches this season, and has not lost the doubles point in a contest this season.
- Senior Chloe Smith is undefeated this spring with an 8-0 dual singles record playing in the No. 6 spot, and an 8-0 record in the No. 3 doubles spot when teamed with sophomore Sophie Nelson.