NC State won in Chestnut Hill last season and is 3-4 at Conte Forum since the Eagles joined the ACC
Game #22: NC State (10-11, 2-7 ACC) at Boston College (8-11, 2-6 ACC)
Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 • 7 p.m. ET
Chestnut Hill, Mass. • Conte Forum (8,606)
Radio: 88.1 FM WKNC
Radio Crew: Patrick Kinas and Paige Woodard
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – NC State searches for its third-straight victory on Thursday night at Boston College at 7 p.m., from Conte Forum.
The game might just hinge on the three-point shot as both clubs enter as the two most prolific shooting teams from beyond the arc in the ACC. Boston College has made 131 three-pointers on the year, good for 6.9 per game. Meanwhile, State has made 113 or 5.4 per game.
The Pack shoots it slightly better at 34.2 percent, its best percentage since 1996-97, while the Eagles convert at 32.6 percent.
However, NC State has limited its last two opponents to just 19.4 percent shooting from downtown, both wins for the Pack, while BC has made just 11 of its 50 three-pointers the last two games, both losses.
Thursday’s matchup also includes the top-3 players in the league in terms of made three’s. The Eagles’ Kerri Shields and Nicole Boudreau have made 46 and 45, respectively, while Marissa Kastanek has made 45 from beyond the arc.
Both seniors, Shields is the active ACC leader with 218 three-pointers, while Kastanek is second with 216.
The Wolfpack picked up its first ACC road victory of the season last Sunday at Georgia Tech, 78-66. Trailing by six at halftime, State methodically put together a 26-5 run that turned into a 58-43 lead with a bit more than eight minutes to play.
Kiana Evans layup gave NC State a 43-41 lead, its first advantage of the game. Tech would answer to knot the game 43-all, but the Pack ran off the next 15 points to take full control and earn its first win in Atlanta since 2005.
NC State hosts Wake Forest on Sunday at 2 p.m. All tickets are $1 as part of the Pack the House promotion.
Wolfpack Fastbreak Points…
• NC State is 3-4 all-time at Boston College; Has won 5 of last 6 meetings overall
• State’s 43.1 FG% is best showing since 2005-06; 34.2 3FG% is best figure since 1996-97
• State is 2nd in ACC with 113 3PT FGs this season; 3rd in 3FG% (34.2)
• The Pack has shot 50.0% or better in six games this season. Only happened once in 2011-12
• Kody Burke is the only player in ACC top10 in scoring (7th), rebounds (8th) and blocks (3rd)
• Burke ranks T16 in ACC history with a school record 1.7 blocks per game career avg.
• Marissa Kastanek became 15th Wolfpacker to 1,500 career points at Georgia Tech (1/27)
• Kastanek ranks 19th in ACC history with 216 career three-point FGs
-2nd most among active ACC players behind BC’s Kerri Shields (218)
• Kastanek is one of 30 players nominated for Senior CLASS Award
• The 102 points scored against Longwood is the most in the ACC this season
• State was the only D1 WBB team to have two 2012 Academic All-Americans
– Marissa Kastanek (second team) and Kody Burke (third team)