9th Annual Polar Plunge at the Carolina Beach Boardwalk
TAKE THE PLUNGE TO BENEFIT SPECIAL OLYMPICS!
9th ANNUAL POLAR PLUNGE
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Carolina Beach Boardwalk
(adjacent to Courtyard by Marriott)
Carolina Beach, NC – Join us as we take a chilly plunge in the Atlantic Ocean to benefit Special Olympics. It is an opportunity for the adventurous and the not so adventurous to have a great time and to support the New Hanover County Special Olympics program.
You can plunge as an individual, with a team or even plunge with your dog!
You can plunge as an individual or as a member of a team.
Proceeds go directly to benefit New Hanover County athletes, providing them with year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
Polar Plunge Schedule of Events
- · 9 a.m. 5K Registration/Packet Pickup
- · 10 a.m. Run-N-Plunge 5K
- · 11a.m.: Gates open Enjoy live music, a silent auction, costume contest, DJ, food, friends, art and more.
- · 11:20 a.m. 5K Awards Under Main Tent
- · 11a.m. – 2 p.m. Silent auction
- · 1:30 p.m.: Costume contest
- · 3:00 Line up for the PLUNGE
- o AREA 1 SPECIAL Olympian’s & Plungers Under 15
- o AREA 2 Plungers 15 and older
- o AREA 3 Plungers & Pooches
- · 3:05 p.m.: All Plunge
For details on the Polar Plunge visit: www.plungenhc.com or call 341-7253.
Follow us on Facebook